You Have Online Wedding Questions, We Have Answers


Proxy Marriage Frequently Asked Questions

If you're considering using a Montana double proxy marriage service from 406 Proxy and have questions or concerns about online weddings, please take a moment to read through some of our frequently asked questions.

If you have a question that has not been answered here or other concern, please use the chat box below, send a message to contact our Montana wedding proxy office staff or call them directly at 406.350.2663 . They'll respond faster than you expect.


If you were wondering about online weddings and if they are real, and available for proxy marriage; YES! You won’t have to leave your house, apartment or barracks to get married online! Our double wedding proxy service is completely online. You’ll sign all your forms electronically (and securely). Once the paperwork is complete (which takes less than 30 minutes), you’ll meet with our online notary to complete the Power of Attorney form so that our proxy marriage professionals can process your paperwork at our Clerk of Courts. Once your marriage license is approved we immediately notify and congratulate you both! A 406 Proxy team member then emails you a copy of the certificate and posts the certificate in the mail to your address. Visit this page for more information on “how proxy weddings work

Yes. When the marriage certificate is certified by the Clerk of Courts, you’re legally married and the certificate is honored by every state and all branches of military.

Of course! A Montana proxy marriage is simply a civil process handling the paperwork. You can still have the wedding of your dreams when you and your spouse are together again.

Getting started with our double wedding proxy service has been made simpler thanks to our enhanced, secure, electronic form system. But, if you still have questions please feel free to call us at 406.350.2663 or use the chat box below to chat with support staff.

Yes. A double proxy wedding is an option for same sex couples as of November 19, 2014. (See Rolando v. FoxCV-14-40-GF-BMM)

A double proxy marriage can be completed faster using our streamlined, electronic system; therefore speeding up the process allowing you to get your marriage certificate in as little as 2 weeks.

Yes. The U.S. Immigration will accept your wedding certificate from Montana. For further questions about immigration and status for your soon to be spouse, please consult with the U.S. Immigration Service Policy Manual: Marriage and Marital Union for Naturalization

Costs can vary based on services provided. Please visit our Pricing page for all service options.

You sure can! Our double marriage proxy service is affordable and allows any active duty service member, stationed anywhere in the world, to be married to you, no matter where you are in the world!

Yes you can.  A Montana resident is allowed to use a double proxy wedding service such as ours to marry someone anywhere else in the world.

It happens, misplacing paperwork during a move or other transition in your life. If you need a certified copy of your Montana wedding license you can contact the Department of Health and Human Services at Department of Health and Human Services Record & Statistics Bureau Vital Records Department 111 N. Sanders, Room 6 Helena, MT 59601-4520 Tel: (406) 444-4228 General Information: Tel: (406) 444-5622 Web:

Valentines day discount!

Get $50 off any wedding package!