We've received your application
Now that we've received your application...
How exciting! Your application is complete and now it’s time for the next phase where we will create your slot for the notary service. The process is all online and takes mere minutes.
- You and your Fiance will receive an email to the addresses you associated with the agreement.
- Once the Notary Is completed we’ll require the remaining fees.
- IMPORTANT #1 Your full legal name (including middle name) must be used with the notary.
- IMPORTANT #2 The date used must match the notary which will be USA date and time.
If you have any questions prior to meeting with one of our knowledgeable online notaries please visit our wedding proxy FAQ page.
Wedding Proxy is located in the State of Montana and insofar as paperwork, we keep Clerk of Court hours: 8am – 4pm Mountain time. But, we can be reached 24/7 for questions (please read FAQ in Step 2 for more details).
MUST READ: Important Notary Information
To ensure a smooth notary session please:
- Use your FULL LEGAL NAME (as it appears on your birth certificate or driver's license) in ALL THREE FIELDS.
- Use the CURRENT DATE in the U.S. (your date of session MUST match the notary and the notary is located in the United States).
- Make sure EVERY field is completed both by you and the notary.
- Use a stateside address for your security questions.
- You must use a passport or driver’s license (a military I.D. cannot be used)
EVERYTHING MUST BE CORRECT AND MATCHING OR THE FERGUS COUNTY COURTHOUSE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR MARRIAGE APPLICATION.
IF THE NOTARY SESSION NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED AGAIN, THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF $30.
The online notary requires 2 things:
- Your phone/computer with the camera on
- Your current identification (United States drivers license, Passport or State I.D.)
Military ID cannot be used by U.S. notaries. This is due to the fact that military ID cards do not have the individuals address or birth-date alongside the image.
The methods used to determine true identity are stringent and vary from state to state.
You can use the notary service whenever you're ready. They are available 24 hours per day. Simply click the link we forward to you and a notary will begin a video call.
The use of a Notary is to complete the Power of Attorney form for your wedding proxy. Without it, we won't be able to sign the wedding application for you.
Unfortunately, our notaries are based in the U.S. and can only notarize forms for U.S. citizens. If your fiance is not a Unite States citizen or Permanent Resident they would need to use a notary where they are currently located.
If you don't currently have state issued ID (a drivers license or state ID), you will need to use the notary service at the JAG office or your bank.
If you will be using your own notary, please let us know and we will forward you the form necessary to complete your marriage certificate.
When Do We Get The Marriage Certificate?
Once your wedding certificate is stamped and signed by the court clerk, we will mail it to the address you’ve chosen on your Montana Marriage Application Form, that very day.
You should receive your marriage certificate within 3 – 9 days (depending on location/country). Unless you’ve asked to have the marriage certificate sent overnight delivery, which can be an option.
We will send your marriage certificate to wherever you wish. There is a space on the Application Form where you will enter the address where you would like the certificate to be sent.
Yes, we can send your marriage certificate using an overnight service.
We would need to have your information before noon that day as the FedEx pickup stops at 3pm.
Although: FedEx can ship "overnight" to other countries, it may take up to 2 business days to receive. There is an additional cost for expedited mail service. Please ask a Wedding Proxy team member using the form below.
Yes! We always send an image to both parties once we have the certificate back in our office ready to ship.